Every woman, man, youth and child who follows Jesus is
called. We are called to bring all of our gifts, talents, experiences,
abilities, and passions to the throne of God. We are called to know God, grow
in our faith, discover our God-given purpose; and make a difference in the
world around us.
It is with this in mind that Generations Church has created
its internship program. This program is open to those who wish to discover how
God wants to use them, who are committed to following His leading in their lives,
and desire to learn how to be leaders and influencers in His church and the
WHY? What are we expecting God to do?
In this internship program all who are involved are looking
for God to work in us and through us. We pray for great and specific blessings
for our interns. And we pray similarly for our church, our community and the
Kingdom of God.
Most of all, we believe God will bring about growth in each intern committed to serve Him in this program.
- Discovery of God’s greatness and
glory, of His love and grace.
- Deeper knowledge of who God is,
and how He as active in our world.
- Humility and submission to the
King of all Creation (Phil 2:5-8).
GROW in faith:
- Seeing faith grow, as that faith is exercised
in ministry and service.
- Christian disciplines, including
Bible study, prayer, journaling and fasting.
- Being willing to share your story
and speak the gospel in to the lives of others.
- Realization of the need to model
Christ and His character.
- Learning to live out the fruit of
the Spirit (Gal 5:22-23) and the love of Christ (1 Cor 13)
DISCOVER God-given purpose:
- Recognizing God’s gifts, and
putting them at His disposal for the building up of the church
- Discovering the God-given calling
and passions that will drive ministry
- Recognizing abilities (and lack of
abilities) that God will use
- Learning what parts of ministry
seem not to be a fit
MAKE a difference in the world around:
- Submission to authority, and
gracious carrying of authority
- Valuing, respecting, and loving
- Supporting and leading volunteers
- Mentoring young people and
inspiring them to follow Jesus
- Working as part of God’s loving
family: actively collaborate with other interns, leaders, and church members
In addition, while growing and discovering in these ways, an
intern’s skills will be developed and honed for practical ministry in
Generations Church and beyond. This will vary from person to person, depending
on the particular gifts, abilities, passions and calling of the intern.
At the end of the program, every intern should be better prepared to serve God in their studies, their work and their church ministries.